Monday, May 2, 2011

Kassala People

 Kassala Hotty

On seeing us he comments he hadnt seen a khawajah (foreigner) in over 50 years!
Courtesy of Abu Bakr


This grandma poses with her grandchildren in Khatmiyah.


We sat and ate ice pops with this lovely lady.
When I asked if I could take her picture, she replied, 'one should not deny another'


This is the reaction of him hearing me speaking in English!
Tad confused!



Courtesy of Abu Bakr

  Named 'thinker' he sat some way up the Tortil mountain

Courtesy of Abu Bakr

 Children playing with us in Khatmiyah 
Courtesy of Abu Bakr


Abu Bakr

1 comment:

  1. The man who hadn't seen a Khawaja in Kassala in 50 years was having you on - I met my other half there not quite as as long ago as that, and there was a French woman married to a Sudanese who'd lived there for years. Great to see the pictures. Wonderful people, and you never could go to Khatmiyah without attracting gaggles of (very nice) children. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete